VEDANTA KHUSHI

"KHUSHI" is an AWARENESS CAMPAIGN, launched by Vedanta Resources plc, with a focus to sensitize people towards care for the underprivileged and deprived children – their Nutrition – Education – Health and overall development. Join Khushi on facebook at www.facebook.com/groups/vedantakhushi and send motivational stories at khushi.creatinghappiness@gmail.com . LET US MAKE INDIA A CHILD MALNOURISHED FREE NATION..

Vedanta Khushi - Shobha Will Be Healthy Again








"Vedanta Khushi"presents you a story of Malti who is helping Shobha regain her weight.  Malti's efforts have been inspired by a story published earlier on the blog, "Khushi - Care for the Underprivileged Children".



Shobha Will Be Healthy Again

I have a maid working with me for the last 5 years. About 2 years back she got married soon came in family way. I was also quite happy as she gave a birth to a baby girl last year. Unfortunately, the baby was borne a little premature. I only gave her name "Shobha". Just about 7 days back I asked my maid to bring Shobha to the house as it was her birthday. I wanted to give her a gift , a beautiful dress. Shobha came with her mother and I was quite excited to see her. She was unable to walk though but her cute smile just took my heart away. I gave her the dress and she was too happy to receive it.

Out of curiosity I asked my maid about the immunization of Shobha and polio drops. She had got done some vaccination and some were still not done. Not happy with her on such laxity I softly scolded her and took her to a pediatrician in the nearby market. Fortunately not much vaccination was missed. But the Doctor when took her weight was surprised. She was under-weight. I was surprised too. With a little thorough check-up the Doctor informed me that Shobha is anemic and requires proper diet. She is missing nutritional diet. My maid informed that she eats something or the other so her stomach is full but that is not proper food. A one year old child should start eating roti and daal. Some medicines were give by the Doctor but important was nutritious diet.

My maid informed me that as she has to leave early from the house for the work so her mother-in-law takes care of Shobha.

I was not happy to hear all this. Why should a child suffer only because parents do not have time. I had a way out and asked her to bring the child with her and prepare her food in my house and before starting the work ensure that she eats properly.

For the past 7 days, Shobha comes to the house regularly with her mother. I have also kept some toys for her. My maid prepares food for her in my house and makes her eat. The child is happy, her mother is happy and I am happy too.

I must say, your story "You Never Know Who Needs You Where" inspired me to take care of people around me. Thank you "Khushi" I am happy to bring change in one life.

Malti Gautam, Delhi

4 comments:

  1. Amazing story rather I would say it is such a heart touching story. Very simple way to tell all that we need to check our surroundings and we will find many ways to help underprivileged children. I am very pleased to read your story Ms. Malti.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parmeshwar SharmaJune 8, 2012 at 1:59 PM

    Very inspiring story and more so it gives line of working for every one. I have been searching for how to contribute in Khushi but now have understood that I need to find ways to spread the message and make sure it travels within me. We need to be conscious enough to ensure our contribution. Malti you did an amazing work. well done.. stories do inspire stories and bring change in thinking of people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats really great. We can really contribute to society by closely seeing our surroundings. My Salute to Ms. Malti for such caring step taken by her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful example of huminity & caring of children which are future of nation.This will inspire others also.

    ReplyDelete